Thursday 29 August 2013

What Happened When I Complained To iTunes About Best Song Ever Not Being The Best Song Ever.


Some of you will know that I was irked by One Direction calling their latest track Best Song Ever.  In fact I wrote a recent blog about it right here.  The boys were on TV recently and they seemed fun, I felt I'd been a bit harsh on them so I listened to the track again (I had downloaded it for research purposes).  And again.  In fact the more I listened to it, the more it annoyed me.  It simply is not the best song ever - not even close.  There was only one thing for it.  I complained to iTunes for false advertising…

Hi there iTeam,

I was recently on iTunes looking for some new music when I came across a track called Best Song Ever.  That title made it a safe bet, I thought it must be up there with Bohemian Rhapsody and Ashes To Ashes.  I was deeply disappointed on the first listen, it was devoid of any discernible melody.  I thought I would give it another go, after all, the majesty of Hotel California didn't strike me until I'd heard it a few times, sometimes you've got to let a work of art settle and breathe.
I gave Best Song Ever a couple of weeks on my Shuffle but I just couldn't get into it.  In fact, one time when it started, I jumped out of the way coz I thought there was a truck reversing.  In all fairness, you have to agree that Best Song Ever is misleading advertising.  Please could I have a refund so I can buy Wuthering Heights coz that really is the best song ever. 

Thank you,

Brian Story.


I received a very timely reply...


Hello Brian,

My name is XXXX, and thank you for contacting the iTunes Customer Support.

I'm sorry to learn that this item did not meet the standard of quality you have come to expect from the iTunes Store. I can certainly feel your desire to have this sorted out. No worries, I can help you with the refund.
Brian, please be informed that the music studio provides their content to the iTunes Store and we endeavor to distribute the highest quality content possible. The issue you have reported has been noted and the vendor will be notified. I can't say when or if the vendor will correct the issue.
I have reversed the charge for "Best Song Ever". Within 10 business days, a credit of 0.99 GBP should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely ,

XXXX
iTunes Store/Mac Apps Store Customer Support

Result!

I got an apology and a full refund.  I'm satisfied with this great customer service from iTunes though I realise they are only the portal through which teen pop spreads its evil and that got me thinking…  I should complain directly to One Direction.  Watch this space...

Also, if any of you are disappointed in it not being the Best Song Ever, why not ask for a refund too?

Mr Brian Story  'Getting to the heart of the consumer matters that really matter.'


No comments:

Post a Comment